It’s my birthday soon.
I may or may not be ever so slightly in denial about the fact that I will no longer be twenty-something. It feels strange and weird, that’s for damn certain.
Leaving that last twenty-something has left this Gen Y entrepreneur in a reminiscing kinda mood. The type where you think about all the things you wish you’d known 10 years ago. Big lessons, small lessons, HARD lessons.
So, close to my celebration of turning the big 3-0, I’m gifting you with 30 of my biggest life, business and entrepreneurial lessons that I would love to pass on to my fellow Gen Y’ers. I’d love to hear your top lessons in the comments below!
- Be kind to yourself.
- Paleo is the way to eat.
- Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results – Albert Einstein.
- You can either make excuses, or make sh!t happen. Your choice.
- It’s ok not to be liked by everyone.
- Don’t be a people pleaser, you’ll end up pleasing no-one.
- You don’t need a man.
- Back yourself.
- Take the leap.
- Dare to dream big. Make that MASSIVE.
- Get out of your own damn way.
- Perfectionism kills productivity.
- You don’t need to have all the answers in order to move forward.
- You are not stuck.
- Dogs are a girl’s best friend.
- Learn to love yourself.
- You are enough.
- Record your wins so you can look back on them.
- Make a bucket list, do the things!
- How other people treat you is a reflection of where they’re at.
- Trust your instincts. You’re right about people 99.99% of the time.
- Ditch crappy friends.
- Enforce your boundaries.
- There’s a big difference between “sorry”, remorse and repentance.
- You get to choose who you work with.
- You can be anything you put your mind to.
- Be proud of yourself.
- If you want different results you have to try a different method.
- Failure is never as bad as what you imagine.
- You can always start again.
What’s your biggest life lesson?